Highways Environmental, Health & Safety
The planning, construction, and maintenance of highways infrastructure impacts communities; the safety of users, carbon footprint, levels of pollution and the natural environment are all affected by the highways interventions which we need to keep us connected.
Capita Real estate and infrastructure’s environmental and health and safety experts proactively manage environmental, safety, and social risks and drive environmental and health benefits as a result.
We are driven by a passion to provide resilient and environmentally responsible highways infrastructure for generations to come. Working collaboratively with our developer, local authority, and national highways clients, our multi-disciplinary team influence sustainable outcomes at all project stages through:
- Carbon reduction measures using integrated planning, innovative design and the promotion of active travel
- Our OHSAS 18001 lead auditors, chartered, and safety professionals and NEBOSH certified team ensuring compliance with relevant legislation including CDM 2015
- The provision of strategic advice, training, compliance guidance and H&S management. In this way we support the development of positive H&S cultures
- Delivering road safety audits, engineering, and education services to local councils and highway agencies to help achieve national casualty reduction targets
- Our Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) practitioners, ecologists, landscape architects and heritage specialists driving integrated and balanced design and construction solutions. This reduces environmental impacts, promotes environmental net gain and facilitates stakeholder led consenting
- Our ground engineering specialists resolving ground related problems by pre-empting and designing out ground construction risks
- Advising and designing sustainable waste management solutions focusing on reducing costs, minimising waste to landfill and storing, reducing and mitigating excessive carbon
- Designing sustainable drainage systems, green blue infrastructure, and flood mitigation based on our bespoke models and assessment tools