About the role
Based in our Cardiff office, this is a fantastic opportunity for a Civil Engineering or Structures graduate looking to embark on a career in Civil Engineering and achieve a professional qualification with mentoring support via a structured ICE or IStructE approved Training Scheme.
What we expect from you
- To proactively fulfil the requirements of the ICE or IStructE approved Graduate Training Scheme.
- To contribute to and assist in the delivery of a variety of schemes to the required budget and programme and to pre-determined standards
- Assist and prepare calculations, design drawings, full specification and contract documentation for procurement of contractors on a variety of projects
- Undertake a Construction Ambassador role and participate in the delivery of community benefits initiatives that reflect our Sustainable and Responsible Business Policy
- Assist in providing professional Civil Engineering services to a range of clients, across a wide variety of work.
- Ensure compliance with all Quality, technical standards, Health & Safety and Environmental regulations and considerations
- An appropriate qualification e.g Degree in Civil Engineering to pursue a professional qualification in Civil Engineering
- Aptitude and motivation to progressively work towards professional membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
- Minimum qualification of B Eng (Hons) in Civil Engineering, preferably MEng
- IT literate, numerate
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks or projects to deadline and / or budget
- Good relationship management with both colleagues and clients
- Ability to work under direction but to be able to use own initiative when required
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Project)
- The employee will need to have good communication skills and have the ability to work in a busy environment as a member of a team. They will need to be willing to develop new skills beyond the core functions and have the ability to meet deadlines
- The employee must be mature, self-motivated and able to contribute within a team environment.
- Upon joining the organisation the successful candidate will be assigned a mentor and delegated engineer to provide support and direction in integrating within the consultancy and progress initial professional development.
What's in it for you?
As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 25 days holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share ownership scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
We invest heavily in our people, recognising that staff are our most valuable asset. Individual training plans and accelerated schemes foster an environment of continual personal development. We will provide you with all the support you need to achieve your professional qualification aspirations within a multi-disciplined consultancy.
- Salary £Neg (depending upon experience), minimum £23,000
- Contractual working hours 37.5 per week
- Annual leave-25 days (plus statutory), rising to 27 days
- Company Pension Scheme
- Voluntary Benefit Options, including; childcare vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more
All of this in a professional but fun environment.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
How to apply?
If you would like to apply, please email your CV to Anita Camilleri - firstname.lastname@example.org.